Answering the Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Wheelchair In Motion
Have you ever wondered how Wheelchair in Motion can help you or your loved ones move easily from place to place? What are accessible transportation services and how do you rent an accessible vehicle? Will a van rental have everything someone with mobility challenges requires to have a safe and successful trip?
Wheelchair In Motion is here to help make travel easier for people who need extra help with their mobility from place to place. Whether you are going to an appointment or special event, want to travel or just require a short-term van rental, our wheelchair accessible vans are perfect for any occasion.
We have gathered our top 5 frequently asked questions that will provide the information you need to book easy and accessible transportation services.
Top 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I rent an Accessible Vehicle? – This process is easy. Contact Wheelchair In Motion either through our web site at http://www.wheelchairinmotion.com or call us at 1-888-776-1102. Once the reservation is received, a member of the Wheelchair In Motion team will contact you by phone, to confirm the reservation and take down the necessary information. A Valid Credit Card is required to secure the reservation at the time of booking.
- Can you deliver and pick up the Rental Vehicle? – In the GTA, part of our services at Wheelchair In Motion includes free delivery and pick up of our vehicles to most areas. Some areas may require a fee. Please call to confirm. In Ottawa, we have 2 convenient locations to serve you.
- Is there a charge for Mileage? – Our rentals come with 200 free kilometers per day. Additional mileage is charged at a rate of $0.15 per kilometer.
- How many passengers can the Rental Vehicle hold? – Our Dodge Grand Caravan can hold up to five (5) passengers, including the driver in addition to the Wheelchair occupant. There are different seating configurations, so the total available seating may change. The MV-1 can accommodate 4 passengers including the driver in addition to the wheelchair occupant.
- How is the Wheelchair secured inside the Rental Vehicle? – We use a “QStraint” system to secure the wheelchair. This is a four-point locking belt system. There is both manual and automatic QStraints in the vehicle. A Wheelchair In Motion team member will show how the tie-downs work and the additional safety equipment in the Rental Vehicle. This procedure is also written down and a copy of the operation is in the Rental Vehicles’ information folder.
- Can your vehicles go out of Province/Country? Yes, as long as we are aware of this and you have proper insurance coverage to do so.
These are only a few of the questions that many people ask when considering about Wheelchair in Motion’s accessible transportation rentals. With van rentals available in Mississauga, Hamilton and most areas of Southern and Eastern Ontario including Ottawa, we are here to assist with your accessible transportation needs.
Contact us if you have any questions about accessible transportation, van rentals or accessible vans for sale and we will be happy to speak with you. We hope to help with your accessible transportation needs during 2017. Book early for best availability.